rebeekah

6.30.2005

kevin's challenge

so, i've finally finished your challenge, mr. still. (it only took me 3 weeks.) enjoy! :)

CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:

X & Y – Coldplay--> there are not enough words to describe how much i am in love with this new album. (actually, all the other “currently listening to” are kind of a lie, seeing as how when i first obtained the album, i listened to nothing else for every waking minute of four or five solid days. since then, things haven’t changed all that much.) i may write later an entire bit on “fix you.” as an intro, i will say that the other day i had a rapturous experience while feasting on this brilliant, enthralling, dare i say perfect, song. i do not believe i have been that moved by a piece of music in years.

BRIAN REGAN LIVE! – Brian Regan--> unless you count the whale noises, there’s really not any music on this cd. laughs are guaranteed, however, throughout the entire thing. some of my favourite tracks are “you too & stuff,” “fishing on t.v.” and “kids’ party games.” (I think Doug’s favourite is “lousy in little league.”) Thanks, dickeys, for the great introduction.

LISTEN WITHOUT PREJUDICE, VOL. I – George Michael--> i can really never get enough of the old stuff from georgios kyriacos panayiotou. (no wonder he changed his name.) why everyone viewed this album as a failure is beyond me, because seriously, there is not a single bad track on it. i only wish there would have been a second volume.

GUERO – Beck
--> thanks to
doug, I have had the opportunity to hear this album. (see which track is my favourite so far on #3 below.) that beck is something else.

FIVE SONGS THAT I CURRENTLY HAVE A CRUSH ON:

1) "IN THE GARDEN" – sean michel is a friend of the family (especially of sarah). this is one of a few songs that my spirit, upon every time i hear and/or see it performed, is stirred to great emotional response. you should listen to it.

2) (unnamed) - i am in love with “i need you here” otherwise known as “what if you leave and then i have to blow my head off with a glock” (really, the tune is unnamed at this point) by this is turbo. i cannot wait until we record it this weekend. this is a great song, and i hope other people get to hear it someday.

3) "HELL YES" – what more do i need to say than “get your damn hands up” and “my beat is correct.” this song kicks you-know-WHAT.

4) "LITHIUM" – i rebelliously snuck nevermind by nirvana into my room sometime during my teenage years, and i have to say that i definitely do not regret it. i still love this song—now i just wish i could find that tape…it may possibly be my next purchase. (p.s. may i just comment to you, kevin, how much I love you? “riding out nirvana's cremated wake…” you kill me.)

5) "WALKING IN THE AIR" – i love the snowman (go there NOW) more than I could ever express. because i recently re-watched the movie (for the ??th time), i have since been haunted by peter auty’s celestial voice singing this glorious song.

TOP FIVE ALBUMS (RIGHT NOW):

1) X & Y - Coldplay

2) THE NUTCRACKER – Tchaikovsky

3) YOU WERE AT THE TIME FOR LOVE – Don Chaffer

4) ROCKIN’ THE SUBURBS – Ben Folds

5) PINKERTON – Weezer

LAST ALBUM BOUGHT:

THE JAZZ SINGER – Neil Diamond

--> though not for myself (christmas giftS—the two lucky recipients being my father and my husband), i happily made this purchase. my favourite album by ole neil, i have been listening to it (then in record-form) since i was around 6 years old (only 3 years after its release).

RECENT MUSICAL DISCOVERY:

Ella Fitzgerald

--> embarrassing to confess this as my “recent” musical discovery since the late ms. fitzgerald was putting out hits as early as 1938. regardless, how have i gone almost 27 full years of my life without the voice and music of ella? yes, i have heard and even sung tunes such as “someone to watch over me,” and perhaps her voice has frequented my ears far more times than i realize. however, not until recently has she fast and furiously become one of my favourites. the complete ella fitzgerald song books, ONLY a 16-disc set, is without a doubt the most expensive thing on my wish list, but perhaps someday i will have in my possession all 254 of those glorious songs.

I PASS THIS SAME CHALLENGE ON TO:

Amber
Cade
Christian
Doug
John
Kellie
Kim
Mary Beth
Rachel
Sarah

2 comment(s):

This is a fantastic list. Such a wide variety, but I would expect nothing less from you.
:)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:13 PM  

I love Brian Regan!

By Blogger Rachel, at 6:41 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home