rebeekah

7.06.2005

ten short years

so my ten year reunion is only ten days from today. i’m pretty nervous. pretty excited, but pretty nervous. i know most people fret away about their outward appearances for things like reunions, and i am definitely no exception. if my looks were perfect, though, would i still be giving myself stomach ulcers? probably so? (to my knowledge, i don’t really have stomach ulcers.) also, does anyone else’s reunion charge SIXTY FIVE bones per ticket?! absurd. for SIMPLY an “hors d’oeuvres buffet.” oh, oh—excuse me—that price also includes:

• facility rental
• decorations
• entertainment
• alumni directory
• photo nametag
• guest nametag (yep, better slap on another $10 for that one)
• mailings
• postage (OH MY GOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH)
• national alumni search
• reunion staff
• reunion manager
• and administrative staff

ARE THEY JOKING. biggest rip off i’ve ever seen?!?! does anyone else see that the ones who come are penalized by having to pay for the postage/mailings to classmates that don’t come?!?!

not that i’m an alchy or anything, but GIVE ME A BREAK—“cash bar available?!?!” ridiculous. and if you want a picture, you have to pay EXTRA.
ugh. enough of this moaning and groaning.

8 comment(s):

I can't remember what Julie said ours is probably going to cost, but I KNOW it wasn't $65. Yikes. I bet you'll end up having a good time, though...
Mine is going to be in September.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:21 AM  

Say "Hi!" to Corey Westerfeld and Court for me if they happen to show up at the reunion!

By Blogger Katie A, at 6:40 PM  

I hope you have fun! We're going to Robert's in 2 weeks - total cost $15, plus dinner. Mine is already being planned for June 2006.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:06 AM  

i plan for reunions for a living, so i love to read about people's thoughts going into those events. the 10-year reunion i'm planning now will probably end up costing $80 and will only cover facility rental, mailings, postage, food and drinks, so yours doesn't seem too far off. how many people are in your class?

i'm so interested in hearing how it goes!! the study of reunion behavior REALLY is a fun thing :)

By Blogger Mary, at 7:38 PM  

so when's the reunion?

By Blogger Suzanne, at 6:18 AM  

i'm already dreading mine next year. i'm too close to not go.

By Blogger myleswerntz, at 3:00 PM  

I avoided mine, even though I was a class officer and on student council - and then every classmate I ran into afterward said that they didn't go, either. Kinda makes you wonder who did go? Of course, what's most disappointing is had I been married or had a job I was proud of or been dashingly beautiful on the outside - I'm sure I would have been there in a heartbeat. Human behavior is disgusting - damn Eve!

By Blogger Kimberly, at 9:45 AM  

i can't WAIT to hear about it. ours is coming up in september. $35 bucks for a weekend of festivities. it's a fairly no frills weekend. kind of has to be since all of the class officers live out of state. we're getting a BIG discount on postage b/c my friend crystal is doing the mailings from her workplace (a beer distributor). i've been thinking about it all way more than i ever imagined that i would be. i think it'll be interesting. i'm excited to see everyone again.

By Blogger juliebelle, at 1:12 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home