rebeekah

3.16.2006

possible names :)

if a girl:

name/origin/ meaning

grace/latin/(grace) --this will be the middle name (same as me) :)

fiona/celtic/white, fair

leta/latin/glad, joyful --NOT after dooce's daughter, but after my dear great aunt leta :)

lydia/greek/beauty

olivia/greek/(from olive tree)

julia/latin/youthful

elizabeth/hebrew/God's oath, the promise of God --new fav...big family name! :)


if a boy, we're pretty set on:

name/origin/meaning

charles/german/strong --doug's dad's 1st name, my dad's middle name

spencer/english/keeper, provider --we would call him spencer (my maiden name)


P.S. ANYONE KNOW HOW TO DO A CHART?!?! I TRIED TO PASTE MINE, BUT OF COURSE IT DIDN'T WORK...HENCE THE DIAGONAL LINES INSTEAD.

4 comment(s):

Those are nice!

By Blogger Cecilia, at 1:40 PM  

I especially like the middle name for the girl :) Our daughters could be twinkies. But I like all of the names. Julia was Matt's favorite for a girl. And Elizabeth is my mom's name so I'm partial to it. I really liked the name Lydia when we were picking out names but we already knew a Lydia Grace (not that that really matters). You guys are doing so much better with names than we were doing at your point - way to go!

By Blogger Matt and Kim Cleveland, at 8:51 PM  

i like leta...and i like the idea of passing down a name from an older family member.

and lydia.

and olivia.

and, of course, spencer.

By Blogger juliebelle, at 12:58 PM  

Great choices! I LOVE Spencer, and of course, Grace! I think those are perfect, and I love the family significance of Charles! How perfect that it has family significance on both sides. I also love Lydia, Julia, and Elizabeth (probably from spending 22 years answering the question, "is your real name Elizabeth?" and having to sadly answer that no, it is not, and then wishing it was...) Anyway... good choices!

By Blogger Jace's Mom, at 7:46 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home