rebeekah

8.30.2005

givin em somethin to talk about

so, i suppose i'm crazy.

maybe i'm going through a mid-life crisis early, but "Lord willing" (is that possible in this case?!),

i will be at the fedex forum in memphis on sunday-monday (or later) to audition for american idol.


now that i'm actually writing it--admitting it, confessing it, whatever--i can't help but laugh aloud!!

hopefully i'll remember that i'm doing it all in fun and FOR fun.

i don't have any idea what i'm getting myself into by doing this, but how could i NOT go when i've received such overwhelming support from loving persons like you? 17 comments from 13 different people?! :)

my youngest sister has even offered to go with me, which i think would be really fun--she offered to put us up in a hotel that night and everything! :) Although my dear, dear in-laws live only about 15 minutes away, i'll be there all afternoon on sunday, and then i'll need to be at the venue really early on monday morning.

i can't believe i'm really going to do this.


laboring on labor day,
this year i am not
for on this day of this year
i'm hoping for a spot
to sing, to smile,
to give em all i've got
that's right--i'm gonna try
to give 'em
somethin to talk about

HA HA HA!!! :) :) :)

6 comment(s):

If you get to audition, you HAVE to share your poem with them. They would get a kick out of that. :)

I'm SOOoooooo glad you're going through with it.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:29 AM  

okay, I am so annoying...I just wrote a comment and then deleted it. anyway, back to what I was saying. i got on idolonfox just before i wrote you and it read the "rules". have you read them carefully!? they ain't playin'! I know you will do SUPER FABULOUS! I will be thinking of you!!!!

By Blogger wiebke, at 11:32 AM  

kill-er

does your friend rdw know about this? what did you think of that email? i keep calling you but you dont call back...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:04 PM  

OH I'M SO HAPPY YOU ARE GOING!

You will do great :)

By Blogger danarv, at 4:35 PM  

Good luck!

By Blogger Stephanie, at 10:27 AM  

That's amazing! I want to hear all about it! If you need anything until then, let me know what I can do to help! I am proud of you - it's definitely worth a shot, and even if you don't get a chance to audition, it will still be fun for you to get away for a while! :-) Love you!

By Blogger Jace's Mom, at 7:58 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home